Fri, 22 January 2016
HelloAndWelcomeToEpisode39OfBritain'sFavouriteBikingPodcast! And breathe...
In the first FEC of 2016, Simon and Martin discuss:
- The Dakar Rally, who's winning, who isn't, and who's paying any attention?
- All the new rules for MotoGP, whether we can predict anything before anything has happened, and whether that feller who said he doesn't want to race again will, in fact, race again.
- What's going on with WSB's barely comprehensible new format, and whether it will detract from what otherwise has the potential to be a pretty great year.
- Who in the BSB paddock recently failed a drugs test, who will be making a welcome return to the BSB paddock, and who in the BSB paddock has just made a pretty dramatic career change.
- Plus loads and loads (and loads) of your emails frantically read, mumbled, debated and, in a few cases, answered.
It's a busy one...
Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thu, 17 December 2015
Front End Chatter E38 looks back at 2015: the best bikes, the best races, the best racers, the biggest losers, and Martin and Simon's personal fave moments – plus the absence of British world champs on BBC Sports Personality Of The Year and FEC's New Year Resolutions.
Have a merry Christmas, you FECers!
Thanks for listening, and please get on touch on email:
...and try our Youtube channel!
Thu, 26 November 2015
Welcome to Front End Chatter E37 in which, now the dust has settled, Martin and Simon discuss the ramifications of that race from the point of view of someone who was in the grandstands at Valencia, and someone who had the benefit of replays on the TV (*SPOILER ALERT* hardcore Rossi fans probably shouldn't listen to this). Oh, and there's something about the NEW BRITISH WORLD CHAMPION... but we sort of forgot to mention it at the start...
Wed, 28 October 2015
Welcome to Front End Chatter, Episode 36 – the Scoop/Meltdown episode – in which Martin and Simon reveal details of Triumph's 2016 range of Bonnevilles, Thruxtons and Street Twin – what they are, why they are, why they've taken so long and why there's no Scrambler.
Visit our shop
Subscribe on iTunes
Twitter us at @SimonHbikes and @Mufga
And try FEC visual treats on YouTube
Thu, 15 October 2015
Welcome to Front End Chatter E35, which contains details of Kawasaki's forking-great 2016 ZX-10R, BMW's gravity-defying G310 concept bike (and why, if it really does break the laws of physics and hover, it also breaks the law in Britain), the ramifications of the technology-sharing pact between Honda, BMW and Yamaha, and the usual wild MotoGP speculation and gossip.
Wed, 7 October 2015
Front End Chatter E34 – the Less Than Honest Episode – in which:
• Martin and Simon get their riding assessed and ride very sensibly – almost as if their livelihoods depend on it (which they do)
• VW are caught cheating on US emissions tests, but are bike manufacturers doing the same?
• details of Ducati's 2016 models are accidentally revealed online, by the same US emissions board who 'outed' VW (who own Audi, who own... Ducati)
• Suter release a Grand Prix replica two-stroke, with an engine based on a late 1990s V4 500 motor but which mysteriously turns out to be 576cc
Mon, 21 September 2015
Back to scotch rumours of its (not our) demise, Front End Chatter E33 sees a lucid Martin and hungover Simon cover a wide range of two-wheeled gossip including:
Tue, 21 July 2015
Coming to you fresh out of last week and looking all the way into next year, Front End Chatter #32 covers:
- Speculation, rumour, gossip, semi-educated guesses and, in a few cases, actual established facts about the new motorcycles we can expect to see in 2016 (and 2017).
- Whether BMW's new hi-tech flashing brake light gizmo is really such a bright idea.
- MotoGP recap from Sachsenring, the battle for championship points still to fight, and the battle for focus Martin found himself fighting during the race.
- Plenty of talk ahead of British Superbikes' crazy £50,000 scheme at Brands Hatch, including what it all has to do with Hulk Hogan.
- Plus all your Tweets, emails, faxes and telegrams including two-strokes, racing at Daytona in the 1970s, racing at the TT in your 50s, the future of the 300cc sports class, and plenty more.
Be a part of Britain's best motorcycle podcast by emailing your thoughts, opinions, feelings or questions to email@example.com. We're also on Facebook (www.facebook.com/FrontEndChatter); Twitter (@SimonHbikes and @Mufga) and iTunes (bit.ly/iTunes) - where you can subscribe or download old episodes FOR FREE. And, of course, good old-fashioned www.frontendchatter.com.
No animals were harmed during the making of this podcast. Apart from one dog.
Tue, 30 June 2015
Britain's original motorcycle podcast is back once again with a hundred minutes of talk, discussion, argument, ill-informed rumour, shameful name-dropping and awful impressions covering:
– Everything that happened at the Isle of Man TT races, including asking the question NOBODY IS EVER ALLOWED TO ASK!
– All the last corner antics from the Assen round of MotoGP, including Rossi vs Marquez and Niklas Ajo vs his knees.
– Whether getting the ’80s and ’90s GP band back together in Spain is a race we'd want to see in Britain – and whether it's really a race at all.
– All the excitement surrounding Honda's absolutely staggering RC213VhyphenS. It's Márquez's race bike on the road! Well, apart from the engine. And the frame. And the suspension, brakes, wheels, tyres, petrol tank…
– What it's like to take on 241 other BMW owners at the UK round of the BMW GS Trophy qualifying event. And, indeed, exactly what any of that actually means.
– Plus all your questions and emails answered, or at least read out loud.
Thank you, as always, for downloading us, subscribing to us on iTunes, liking our Facebook page (www.facebook.com/FrontEndChatter), following us on Twitter (@SimonHbikes and @Mufga), and telling everyone you know who rides a bike about the veritable audio feast that is Front End Chatter.
Sat, 30 May 2015
Front End Chatter, Britain's best motorcycle podcast, celebrates its 30th episode with a Q&A special. This time we've passed the handlebars over to you, dear listener(s), as Simon and Martin spend a full hour finding, inventing, and in some cases, actually knowing, answers to your questions. Topics include:
- Why many riders find life gets in the way of riding, often for years at a time
- Are bikes getting taller? And does size (of a bike's seat height) really matter?
- Is the Ducati Scrambler "completely wanky"? (Not our words...)
- 10 (or so) great roads to ride in Europe (and one in Wales...)
- The invention of the British SuperCeleb championship, where Hollywood (the culture) meets Hollywood (the baker) at Hollywood (the corner)
- Are the DVLA being sneaky buggers, or are some people just not paying enough attention?
- Plus an ex-pat makes us all feel better by bursting a few bubbles about the reality of riding in Australia
Thank you for downloading and, hopefully, listening. All questions, comments, replies and general communication is welcomed to firstname.lastname@example.org
You can find us on Twitter at @SimonHbikes and @Mufga or on Facebook at www.facebook.com/FrontEndChatter
Subscribe to Front End Chatter for free on iTunes (bit.ly/FECiTunes) or find us direct at www.frontendchatter.com