Fri, 31 March 2017
Welcome to Front End Chatter Episode 53a, powered yet again by our friends at www.bikesocial.co.uk – and yes, it’s the first of two FECs; 53b will be along shortly. Or at least soon.
In the meantime, feast your ears on the will they, won’t they two-wheeled soap opera of Qatar MotoGP – including:
We also say farewell to Sir John Surtees, have a quick tour around Suzuki’s new and rather wonderful V-Strom 650, the less new and less wonderful V-Strom, and chatter about the launch of the least powerful, least torquey, most heavieriest and most expensive Yamaha R6 ever which neither Martin or Simon attended, but about which they have an opinion anyway. Typical.
Thanks for listening, your emails will be answered in FEC53b, and please please please get in touch via:
email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Twitter – @SimonHbikes and @Mufga
Facebook – Front End Chatter
And, of course, please listen to FEC from our new home at www.bikesocial.co.uk
Chatter again soon!
Wed, 15 March 2017
Welcome to Front End Chatter, episode 52 – and it’s a very special episode of Britain’s least regular but much-loved motorcycling podcast because this is the first to be brought to you by the lovely people at
Front End Chatter is a podcast spoken at length by us, a right pair of motorcycle writers called Martin Fitz-Gibbons and Simon Hargreaves, and we chatter about every and any subject with two wheels and an engine: racing, news, new bikes, old bikes, and the issues that effect you, me and him (like what bike should you get next, how to ride, what kit to wear, and generally why things are the way they are). We don’t know all the answers (in fact we hardly know any of them) but we now people who do.
Bike Social – and if you’re not reading this on their website, WHY NOT? – is Britain’s most comprehensive biking website, packed with road test, new bikes, old bikes, features and news. It’s like a bike magazine, but on the web, created by Bennetts, the bike insurance people. Did I mention you can find it here: www.bikesocial.co.uk
And if you’re a Bike Socialist, it means FEC will be brightening-up your browsing experience. We may even have a few other bits and bobs about the place after a while.
This episode may contain nuts:
• World Superbike, on the other hand, is underway and the burning question is: can the WSB racing from Thailand live up to the craziness of the opening Supersport 600 race from Phillip Island a few weeks ago?
• more news on the Honda Africa Twin heated grip saga
• The best waterproof textile jacket and trouser combo for £400, with buying advice help from www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk
• why covering your bike in aftermarket tat isn’t the smartest idea
• why photochromic visors don’t go black faced with car headlights (it’s obvious)
• your five dream bikes
• why MotoGP bikes don’t have vacuum die-cast frames. Or do they?
Please send you questions and comment to: email@example.com
You can follow us on Twitter:
Or on Facebook at www.facebook.com/FrontEndChatter
Thank you for listening, thank you for your support, please listen to us and download from Bike Social at:
Sat, 4 March 2017
Say hello to Front End Chatter Episode 51, a numerically insignificant episode that nonetheless contains much chatterage about:
And there’s more:
We read out your lovely emails on subjects as wide and wonderful as:
As ever, we remain humbly grateful for your continued ears. Thanking youse!
And please email firstname.lastname@example.org with whatever thoughts stray across your mind
Buy merch at www.tshirtstudio.com/marketplace/front-end-chatter
Thu, 9 February 2017
Welcome to Front End Chatter Episode 50 – yes, you’re not imagining it, it’s really real, and only a week after Episode 49.
Anyway, with next to no racing to chatter about, we’ve finally got round to answering all your emails (at least, the ones that had a question) – some from as far back as last September; sorry about that.
Thanks for enduring this one – it’s a monster – and look forward to some exciting news regarding Front End Chatter in the near future.
Fri, 3 February 2017
Welcome to FEC49, finally – at least in the sense it’s been a long time coming, not in the conclusive sense. And, despite no actual racing to talk about, we find enough to fill half a podcast:
• Why testing is a pointless guide to the outcome of the season, but it’s worth taking notice of because it’s some motorbikes going round a track
• Crazy new World Superbike rules
• How BSB should fill a Supersport-sized gap with naked bikes and Moto2
• Who will be the busiest Aussie racer in 2017
• Why this year’s TT will be the best ever
• What that crazy Guy Martin has been saying about his TT comeback and why modern bikes are rubbish
PLUS! We have a few mini-reviews of some 2017 bikes, including:
Thank you for bearing with us always, please keep emails coming, and we’ll read them out in FEC50...
...WHICH WE’RE RECORDING NEXT WEEK, WE PROMISE!
Thu, 17 November 2016
Hello and welcome to Front End Chatter E48, which you'll be pleased to hear has no racing at all apart from a brief discussion about the merits of being called Danny Kent but not actually coming from Kent, unlike Danny Webb who does come from Kent.
Thanks for listening, hope you like it, and see you at Motorcycle Live at the NEC.
Tue, 8 November 2016
Hello and welcome back to Front End Chatter E47 - it's been a while, so we've come back with an episode purely about racing – who's won what, why, how, and what will happen next year – and we introduce a new word to the English language: disrespeculation.
Thanks for bearing with us – more episodes will follow soon, about 2017 new bikes, and reading your emails and answering your questions.
Thu, 18 August 2016
Welcome to Part Two of FEC's Summer Special, featuring your emails and assorted chatter about:
• the ethics of washing bikes and bikinis
• the truth about new tyres
• how best to listen to music while riding
• is the future electric?
• have electronics spoiled racing?
• is Ducati's new Supersport a Monster in drag with the wrong engine?
• what's the best adventure bike for a tall Hamburger?
• why buying a Crossrunner is a good, good, good thing
• why sportsbikes might not be the best idea for people with little self-control
• what's the best bike to strap to the back of a motorhome?
Thu, 18 August 2016
Hello, and welcome to Front End Chatter, Britain's original... most original... oh, whatever. It's a podcast mostly about bikes, with added swearing.
Mon, 11 July 2016
Welcome to Front End Chatter E45 featuring not much racing, shock, partly because there hasn’t been much since E44 but mostly because we didn’t actually watch what there was. Which, as it turns out, was a wet Assen MotoGP (always a pleasure, never a chore). So we talk about a race we didn’t see, plus wings they aren’t going to use for a safety concern (or issue) they may or may not have. It’s just like actually being there, only with your eyes closed and with fingers in your ears.
We also find time to chunter about:
And you can purchase Front End Chatter merch here: