Fri, 3 February 2017
Welcome to FEC49, finally – at least in the sense it’s been a long time coming, not in the conclusive sense. And, despite no actual racing to talk about, we find enough to fill half a podcast:
• Why testing is a pointless guide to the outcome of the season, but it’s worth taking notice of because it’s some motorbikes going round a track
• Crazy new World Superbike rules
• How BSB should fill a Supersport-sized gap with naked bikes and Moto2
• Who will be the busiest Aussie racer in 2017
• Why this year’s TT will be the best ever
• What that crazy Guy Martin has been saying about his TT comeback and why modern bikes are rubbish
PLUS! We have a few mini-reviews of some 2017 bikes, including:
Thank you for bearing with us always, please keep emails coming, and we’ll read them out in FEC50...
...WHICH WE’RE RECORDING NEXT WEEK, WE PROMISE!
Thu, 17 November 2016
Hello and welcome to Front End Chatter E48, which you'll be pleased to hear has no racing at all apart from a brief discussion about the merits of being called Danny Kent but not actually coming from Kent, unlike Danny Webb who does come from Kent.
Thanks for listening, hope you like it, and see you at Motorcycle Live at the NEC.
Tue, 8 November 2016
Hello and welcome back to Front End Chatter E47 - it's been a while, so we've come back with an episode purely about racing – who's won what, why, how, and what will happen next year – and we introduce a new word to the English language: disrespeculation.
Thanks for bearing with us – more episodes will follow soon, about 2017 new bikes, and reading your emails and answering your questions.
Thu, 18 August 2016
Welcome to Part Two of FEC's Summer Special, featuring your emails and assorted chatter about:
• the ethics of washing bikes and bikinis
• the truth about new tyres
• how best to listen to music while riding
• is the future electric?
• have electronics spoiled racing?
• is Ducati's new Supersport a Monster in drag with the wrong engine?
• what's the best adventure bike for a tall Hamburger?
• why buying a Crossrunner is a good, good, good thing
• why sportsbikes might not be the best idea for people with little self-control
• what's the best bike to strap to the back of a motorhome?
Thu, 18 August 2016
Hello, and welcome to Front End Chatter, Britain's original... most original... oh, whatever. It's a podcast mostly about bikes, with added swearing.
Mon, 11 July 2016
Welcome to Front End Chatter E45 featuring not much racing, shock, partly because there hasn’t been much since E44 but mostly because we didn’t actually watch what there was. Which, as it turns out, was a wet Assen MotoGP (always a pleasure, never a chore). So we talk about a race we didn’t see, plus wings they aren’t going to use for a safety concern (or issue) they may or may not have. It’s just like actually being there, only with your eyes closed and with fingers in your ears.
We also find time to chunter about:
And you can purchase Front End Chatter merch here:
Thu, 23 June 2016
Welcome to Front End Chatter #44, in which Mufga and SiH talk about a couple of MotoGP races that happened ages ago – and including the tragic loss of Moto2’s Luis Salom at Catalunya, the slightly unedifying fallout, the race itself with torpedoes and last lap thrills, and a very necessary handshake to cap it all off.
We also natter about TT racing – and in our excitement over the difference between letting a MotoGP bike race in the Superbike class but chucking out a rider for coated cam buckets in another, completely neglect to offer condolences to the family and friends of lost riders Dwight Beare, Ian Bell, Paul Shoesmith, Andrew Soar and Dean Martin. Which we do here.
Mufga and Si also discover the joys of Bluetooth headsets, muck about in Wales on BMW’s GS Challenge, ride KTM’s 1290 GT (for the next issue of Bike magazine) and chunter about BMW’s R1200 GSA v KTM’s Super Adventure v Triumph’s new Explorer v Ducati’s new Multistrada Enduro (check it out in a forthcoming issue of Ride magazine). No spoilers. Ok, maybe just a couple.
Mon, 9 May 2016
Welcome to Front End Chatter E43, brought to you in association with the enjoy-while-it-lasts British summer. In this episode, Simon and Mufga chatter about:
• results and matter arising from Jerez and Le Mans MotoGP including Brad Binder's hooky software issues in Moto3, Rossi's lauded flag to flag win, Lorenzo's flag-to-flag win that no-one cares about, synchronised crashing, more wings and things, being beaten up by a tangerine, and even more about who goes where, and who's talking about who's going where, in 2017. And why. And are you Team BTSport or Team MCN/MotoMatters?
Fri, 8 April 2016
I dunno, you wait ages for an episode of Front End Chatter, and then two come along at once.
• why a 2 x British world champ is doing a bit of half-naked Turkish oil wrestling on TV but isn't coming across as a nob
• choosing between a BMW R1200RT and a Suzuki GSX1250FA
Thu, 7 April 2016
We're back! After a prolonged absence, which we find is the best kind, Front End Chatter returns with post-Argentina MotoGP gossip – and, let's face it, it had the lot: tyres, crashes, more tyres, boo-ing, early silly season, and some highly ill-informed nonsense about reverse-spinning cranks.