Fri, 9 November 2018
Hello lovely people and welcome to our humble musings on the world of two wheels, otherwise known as Front End Chatter.
FEC is supported by firstname.lastname@example.org, your 24-hr convenience store for biking information, and Bennetts, the bike insurance experts.
• a teeny bit of Moto GP gossip, including why Lorenzo should not be henceforth be known as 'Sicknote'
• all (most) new 2019 bikes fresh from the Eicma show they have now, including some detail on BMW's R1250 GS v R1200 GS, as seen on email@example.com and Ducati's Multistrada 1260 Enduro
Thu, 4 October 2018
Oh my lordy lord, here’s Front End Chatter E81, hot on the heels of E80 and ploughing an ill-informed furrow through the field of motorcycling podcasts, supported and upheld as ever by the munificence of www.bikesocial.co.uk and Bennetts, the bike insurance people.
• Ana Carrasco and her maiden – literally – WSSP300-on-a-400 world title
• Jorge Lorenzo, who crashed at the first corner of the Aragon MotoGP race by sheer will power alone
• New bikes from Royal Enfield, yes, that’s Royal Enfield, with Simon riding the Interceptor and Continental GT at the launch...
• ...and even more new bikes, from the Intermots they have now – including, er, well, not all that much, really – apart from Suzuki’s GSX-S1000-in-a-frock Katana and Indian’s FTR1200 flat-tracker, Moto Guzzi’s V85 TT, Kawasaki’s 125s, Triumph’s Street Scrambler & Street Twin, and Yamaha’s Tracer 700GT...
• FEC listeners’ emails including:
– making engines ‘emulate’ other engines
– what to do in the Isle Of Man instead of riding motorcycles
– should Gore-Tex be waterproof after two hours in heavy rain?
– are paddock/pit-bikes any good?
– is feeling for grip affected by suspension set-up?
– is a cheap track bike a bad idea?
– best winter hack for £1500
– do we wear different kit for different trips, and should we get upset about riders choosing not to wear appropriate protective clothing?
And much, much more. Please enjoy, like and susbscribe (if you download from iTunes, but we’d much rather you went to www.bikesocial.co.uk) – and please email your questions and comments to
Wed, 26 September 2018
Hello and welcome to Front End Chatter E80, brought to you from the girded loins at www.bikesocial.co.uk and supported by bike insurance humanoids at Bennetts.
This week, chatter topics for your aural entertainment are:
Harley out-selling Triumph, Ducati and Suzuki in Europe last year, is MotoE going to be any good, why V4s don’t sound like inline fours, is it possible to ‘see’ grip, best mods for Aprilia’s RSV-R, advice for smaller riders... and lots more.
Wed, 5 September 2018
Hello and welcome to Never mind all that usual bobbins, we've got an actual interview with actual Marc Márquez!
In episode 79 of Britain's best biking podcast – supported, sustained and stimulated by Bike Social (that's www.bikesocial.co.uk) as well Bennetts, the record-breaking, crash-saving, championship-leading prodigy of the bike insurance grid:
We hope you enjoy it – and please email us your questions, comments, feedback and more on firstname.lastname@example.org
Thu, 9 August 2018
Hello and welcome to Front End Chatter, and E78 of Britain's finest motorcycling podcast, presented, in the loosest possible sense, by Martin Fitz-Gibbons and Simon Hargreaves, although it's a sobering thought that in an infinite universe it's a certainty there's an Earth-like planet out there with a motorcycling podcast presented by Martin Hargreaves and Simon Fitz-Gibbons.
Wed, 18 July 2018
Hello and welcome to Front End Chatter episode 77! Courtesy of the alliterative, improvised, indigenous tribes behind Bike Social (that's www.bikesocial.co.uk) and spoken through the mouths of veteran motorcycle-journalists-slash-opinion-havers Simon Hargreaves and Martin Fitz-Gibbons, this near-two-hour extravaganza covers all the latest comings, goings, rumours and controversies across the motorised two-wheeled universe. Including, but not limited to:
Thank you once again for letting us into your ears, and thank you once again to www.bikesocial.co.uk – the place you should be going to download this podcast, and the place you should be going for all your online motorcycle needs (and, heck, why not get an insurance quote from Bennetts while you're there?)
Get in touch with Simon and Martin on the Twitters (@SimonHbikes and @Mufga disrespectively), or less socially by sending an email to email@example.com (literally anything).
Sat, 23 June 2018
Hello and welcome to episode 76 of Front End Chatter, Britain’s most argumentative motorcycling podcast, presented in the loosest sense of the word by Martin Fitz-Gibbons and Simon Hargreaves, and spilling seamlessly into your ears courtesy of www.bikesocial.co.uk – the motorcycling world on a website – and Bennetts, the bike insurance people who put back more into biking than any other insurance company, and that’s a true fact.
On E76 we have:
Wed, 6 June 2018
Hello and welcome to Front End Chatter, episode 75 of Britain's sweariest motorcycling podcast, presented before your ears by two motorcycle journalists called, literally, Martin Fitz-Gibbons and Simon Hargreaves, and furthermore enabled by the humungous humanoids at the UK's most enhanced two-wheeled web experience, otherwise known as www.bikesocial.co.uk – which is itself a mere digit on the mighty, but gentle, hand of Bennetts, the bike insurance people.
• MotoGP silly season, including why Lorenzo will never, in a million years, take a seat at Repsol Honda, oh, he just did...
• TT latest including the unbelievably spectacular riding at this year's race, some slightly troubling consequences, and what's the point of the Superbike class?
• How many horsepowers do we a) need, b) want and c) can use?...
• What are the worst bikes ever (and haven't we been here before)?
• What effect will Yamaha's Niken have, if any, on motorcycling?
Martin on Twitter @Mufga
Sun, 29 April 2018
...and so much more!
...or on Front End Chatter’s Facebook page.
And please email your questions and thoughts to firstname.lastname@example.org
Fri, 2 March 2018
Hello and welcome to a slightly sweary, distinctly snowy Front End Chatter Episode 73, supported as ever by nos amis at BikeSocial (wwwbikesocial.co.uk) and Bennetts the bike insurers – and which ignores the current level of white precipitation (sounds iffy) while resolutely chattering on about:
...and then FEC73 dives headlong into proper motorcycling and confronts pressing issues such as:
Plus there’s loads more of waffle about grid boys, why manufacturers build the bikes they build, and a satisfied FEC customer!