Mon, 12 January 2015
The first Front End Chatter of 2015 covers such diverse subjects as:
- Simon enters a race through a village on his FireBlade, only to find out that's it's not really a race.
- The first (and last) Front End Chatter 2014 Manufacturer Countdown, pop-pickers.
- Listeners' problems solved (or at least answered), from trials clubs to tourism advice.
- Does racing sell road bikes?
- Do tall-rounders make sportsbikes look silly?
Plus, Front End Chatter's off-road correspondent JP (@Jonpe23) returns to discuss the ins, outs and upside-downs of the Dakar Rally, including:
- Who nearly didn't even make the start line this year.
- What the words "mousse", "liason" and "fesh-fesh" mean.
- Why you don't necessarily want to finish first (but to finish first, first you have to finish...)
- Was the Dakar better when it actually went to Dakar?
Thanks very much for listening. As ever, please subscribe (for free) on iTunes or elsewhere, check out our previous 20-odd episodes (for free), and spread the word by telling friends (and strangers) about Britain's best biking podcast.
You can also shape future episodes by emailing comments, suggestions, questions and observations to firstname.lastname@example.org or by getting us on Twitter on @SimonHbikes and @Mufga.
Sun, 21 December 2014
This year's final episode of Britain's best biking podcast comes to you from the jungle... no, Andorra... no, Benidorm. And Sicily.
In this hour-and-a-bit, Ant and Dec - sorry, Simon and Martin - cover:
- Is Britain officially in love with Foggy once again (the stats suggest so), or did he just surf a wave of cult nostalgia (the stats suggest so...)?
- Marquez moves out of his parents' house, cries, then proves he's the greatest rider on the planet even in the off-season. Plus, a review of his new biography.
- Reports from the launches of the new BMW R1200R (a simple bike that's incredibly high-tech), Kawasaki Versys 650 (the small bike trying to be a big bike) and Versys 1000 (the adventure bike that wasn't really an adventure bike and definitely isn't an adventure bike any more).
- Front End Chatter discovers what it's like to ride a Kawasaki H2.
- Plus your emails answered, some light bickering, and much more.
If you enjoy this (for free), you can subscribe to Front End Chatter (for free), check out our past episodes (for free), tell a friend (for free) or shout about us online (for free).
Send us an email about anything (email@example.com) and find us on Twitter (@Mufga and @SimonHbikes).
Thank you very much, and we'll be back in 2015.
Sat, 6 December 2014
Welcome to Front End Chatter episode 21 v2.0 (apparently the dog ate episode 21 v1.0). This week Martin and Simon visit Motorcycle Live and wave a microphone at Kawasaki’s H2R, use the word ‘artisan’ twice, dissect Carl Fogarty MBE’s stellar performance on a reality TV show and whether drinking a puréed kangaroo testicle really is tougher than winning four World Superbike titles, discuss air-bag protection, lament the passing of the thrust curve, and Simon reveals how talking out loud while you’re riding, recording it and putting on YouTube is problematic. But only to him.
Thank you very much for listening, please spread the word, subscribe, and come and read other Chattersome nonsense at:
*if you’re only interested in the Carl Fogarty bit – and who can blame you? – it starts around 42m 30s.
Fri, 14 November 2014
Front End Chatter, Britain's best (and original) biking podcast celebrates its vigintennial anniversary by remembering about the good old days. Actually, it doesn't. Instead, it gets totally lost in the seemingly bottomless pool of brand new bikes and their impenetrable acronyms. Opinion and analysis abounds, including attempting (or not) to answer:
- Might Kawasaki's new H2 be a tiny weeny bit of a porker?
Feedback or topic suggestions actively welcomed by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Twitter (@SimonHbikes and @Mufga).
Thanks very much.
Sun, 26 October 2014
Front End Chatter, Britain's best (and original) biking podcast, returns for an hour of fun and games (literally) including:
- What Ducati's latest high-tech acronym actually does
Plus all the usual talk about racing, your emails and plenty more too.
Download Front End Chatter via www.frontendchatter.com, search for us on iTunes, or find us through any other Androidy apps. We're even still on SoundCloud. If you enjoy FEC please subscribe, tell your friends, check out old episodes, and email feedback to email@example.com
Oh, and Twit us on @SimonHbikes and @Mufga
Fri, 17 October 2014
Britain's best and... hang on, have to stop you there. Anyway, this week's/month's/insert-random-time-interval's episode of Front End Chatter is all about new bikes – Kawasaki's supercharged H2R, BMW's S1000RR and R1200RS, Suzuki's GSX-S1000F and Ducati's Hipster, sorry, Scrambler – and a newly-crowned MotoGP Wold Champ, which is like a World Champ only from Lincolnshire, not Spain. There's some other stuff too. We hope you enjoy it, and please spread the word, subscribe via iTunes or an Android thing, leave a review, or Tweet us at @SimonHbikes and @Mufga (or get Simon on FB, but not Martin).
Fri, 12 September 2014
Front End Chatter, the UK's finest biking podcast, goes all supercharged this week, in honour of Kawasaki's much rumoured, substantially teased and probably very exciting new sportsbike, the H2 (although it turns out your level of excitement depends on your promiscuity, gullibility and general willingness to indulge in fantasy). We also talk about the other noteworthy 2015 bikes likely to debut at the forthcoming Intermot bike show in Cologne, why sportsbikes may or may not be making a comeback, a bit of MotoGP chat, why Donington is nicer than Silverstone (apart from the toilets), and take a serious moment to discuss the ethics of watching bike crash videos on Youtube.
From physics to metaphysics, only in Britain's favourite biking podcast.
Mon, 1 September 2014
Welcome to Front End Chatter episode 16, brought to you live, in the sense we're breathing, from Silverstone MotoGP – or is it?
Wed, 27 August 2014
Front End Chatter hits the big one-five chattering about Marc Marquez crashing (or not), new bike news including Suzuki's big naked, Yamaha's semi-naked and BMW's wish-it-was-completely-obscured, why Welsh taxpayers may end up paying Silverstone (not in Wales) to host a Grand Prix in 2015, and lots more ill-informed chit-chat about this and that on two wheels (guaranteed to drive anyone who knows anything about bikes to distraction). We hope you like it, but have sympathy with those who don't.
Mon, 4 August 2014
If you like quantity over quality, then the longest-ever episode of Front End Chatter, Britain's best (and only) biking podcast is for you.
Simon and Martin return with nearly 90 minutes of words, covering:
- Cal Crutchlow's last-minute change of heart. And employer