Mon, 9 May 2016
Welcome to Front End Chatter E43, brought to you in association with the enjoy-while-it-lasts British summer. In this episode, Simon and Mufga chatter about:
• results and matter arising from Jerez and Le Mans MotoGP including Brad Binder's hooky software issues in Moto3, Rossi's lauded flag to flag win, Lorenzo's flag-to-flag win that no-one cares about, synchronised crashing, more wings and things, being beaten up by a tangerine, and even more about who goes where, and who's talking about who's going where, in 2017. And why. And are you Team BTSport or Team MCN/MotoMatters?
Fri, 8 April 2016
I dunno, you wait ages for an episode of Front End Chatter, and then two come along at once.
• why a 2 x British world champ is doing a bit of half-naked Turkish oil wrestling on TV but isn't coming across as a nob
• choosing between a BMW R1200RT and a Suzuki GSX1250FA
Thu, 7 April 2016
We're back! After a prolonged absence, which we find is the best kind, Front End Chatter returns with post-Argentina MotoGP gossip – and, let's face it, it had the lot: tyres, crashes, more tyres, boo-ing, early silly season, and some highly ill-informed nonsense about reverse-spinning cranks.
Fri, 19 February 2016
Episode 40 of Front End Chatter, the Finger On The Pulse episode, comes not so much hot as slightly tepid with gossip from MotoGP testing (at Sepang, Malaysia, not Phillip Island). Fortunately, the big issues are still the same: will Casey race in 2016? Will the new Michelin tyres and retro-spec ECU mix results up this season? Will Lorenzo win the title by mid-season? When will someone first say ‘silly season’?
There’s also plenty of FEC-ing tittle-tattle about:
Please email questions, comments and/or abuse to: email@example.com
We're also on Android podcast apps.
Fri, 22 January 2016
HelloAndWelcomeToEpisode39OfBritain'sFavouriteBikingPodcast! And breathe...
In the first FEC of 2016, Simon and Martin discuss:
- The Dakar Rally, who's winning, who isn't, and who's paying any attention?
- All the new rules for MotoGP, whether we can predict anything before anything has happened, and whether that feller who said he doesn't want to race again will, in fact, race again.
- What's going on with WSB's barely comprehensible new format, and whether it will detract from what otherwise has the potential to be a pretty great year.
- Who in the BSB paddock recently failed a drugs test, who will be making a welcome return to the BSB paddock, and who in the BSB paddock has just made a pretty dramatic career change.
- Plus loads and loads (and loads) of your emails frantically read, mumbled, debated and, in a few cases, answered.
It's a busy one...
Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thu, 17 December 2015
Front End Chatter E38 looks back at 2015: the best bikes, the best races, the best racers, the biggest losers, and Martin and Simon's personal fave moments – plus the absence of British world champs on BBC Sports Personality Of The Year and FEC's New Year Resolutions.
Have a merry Christmas, you FECers!
Thanks for listening, and please get on touch on email:
...and try our Youtube channel!
Thu, 26 November 2015
Welcome to Front End Chatter E37 in which, now the dust has settled, Martin and Simon discuss the ramifications of that race from the point of view of someone who was in the grandstands at Valencia, and someone who had the benefit of replays on the TV (*SPOILER ALERT* hardcore Rossi fans probably shouldn't listen to this). Oh, and there's something about the NEW BRITISH WORLD CHAMPION... but we sort of forgot to mention it at the start...
Wed, 28 October 2015
Welcome to Front End Chatter, Episode 36 – the Scoop/Meltdown episode – in which Martin and Simon reveal details of Triumph's 2016 range of Bonnevilles, Thruxtons and Street Twin – what they are, why they are, why they've taken so long and why there's no Scrambler.
Visit our shop
Subscribe on iTunes
Twitter us at @SimonHbikes and @Mufga
And try FEC visual treats on YouTube
Thu, 15 October 2015
Welcome to Front End Chatter E35, which contains details of Kawasaki's forking-great 2016 ZX-10R, BMW's gravity-defying G310 concept bike (and why, if it really does break the laws of physics and hover, it also breaks the law in Britain), the ramifications of the technology-sharing pact between Honda, BMW and Yamaha, and the usual wild MotoGP speculation and gossip.
Wed, 7 October 2015
Front End Chatter E34 – the Less Than Honest Episode – in which:
• Martin and Simon get their riding assessed and ride very sensibly – almost as if their livelihoods depend on it (which they do)
• VW are caught cheating on US emissions tests, but are bike manufacturers doing the same?
• details of Ducati's 2016 models are accidentally revealed online, by the same US emissions board who 'outed' VW (who own Audi, who own... Ducati)
• Suter release a Grand Prix replica two-stroke, with an engine based on a late 1990s V4 500 motor but which mysteriously turns out to be 576cc