Fri, 3 February 2017
Welcome to FEC49, finally – at least in the sense it’s been a long time coming, not in the conclusive sense. And, despite no actual racing to talk about, we find enough to fill half a podcast:
• Why testing is a pointless guide to the outcome of the season, but it’s worth taking notice of because it’s some motorbikes going round a track
• Crazy new World Superbike rules
• How BSB should fill a Supersport-sized gap with naked bikes and Moto2
• Who will be the busiest Aussie racer in 2017
• Why this year’s TT will be the best ever
• What that crazy Guy Martin has been saying about his TT comeback and why modern bikes are rubbish
PLUS! We have a few mini-reviews of some 2017 bikes, including:
Thank you for bearing with us always, please keep emails coming, and we’ll read them out in FEC50...
...WHICH WE’RE RECORDING NEXT WEEK, WE PROMISE!
Thu, 17 November 2016
Hello and welcome to Front End Chatter E48, which you'll be pleased to hear has no racing at all apart from a brief discussion about the merits of being called Danny Kent but not actually coming from Kent, unlike Danny Webb who does come from Kent.
Thanks for listening, hope you like it, and see you at Motorcycle Live at the NEC.
Tue, 8 November 2016
Hello and welcome back to Front End Chatter E47 - it's been a while, so we've come back with an episode purely about racing – who's won what, why, how, and what will happen next year – and we introduce a new word to the English language: disrespeculation.
Thanks for bearing with us – more episodes will follow soon, about 2017 new bikes, and reading your emails and answering your questions.
Mon, 11 July 2016
Welcome to Front End Chatter E45 featuring not much racing, shock, partly because there hasn’t been much since E44 but mostly because we didn’t actually watch what there was. Which, as it turns out, was a wet Assen MotoGP (always a pleasure, never a chore). So we talk about a race we didn’t see, plus wings they aren’t going to use for a safety concern (or issue) they may or may not have. It’s just like actually being there, only with your eyes closed and with fingers in your ears.
We also find time to chunter about:
And you can purchase Front End Chatter merch here:
Thu, 23 June 2016
Welcome to Front End Chatter #44, in which Mufga and SiH talk about a couple of MotoGP races that happened ages ago – and including the tragic loss of Moto2’s Luis Salom at Catalunya, the slightly unedifying fallout, the race itself with torpedoes and last lap thrills, and a very necessary handshake to cap it all off.
We also natter about TT racing – and in our excitement over the difference between letting a MotoGP bike race in the Superbike class but chucking out a rider for coated cam buckets in another, completely neglect to offer condolences to the family and friends of lost riders Dwight Beare, Ian Bell, Paul Shoesmith, Andrew Soar and Dean Martin. Which we do here.
Mufga and Si also discover the joys of Bluetooth headsets, muck about in Wales on BMW’s GS Challenge, ride KTM’s 1290 GT (for the next issue of Bike magazine) and chunter about BMW’s R1200 GSA v KTM’s Super Adventure v Triumph’s new Explorer v Ducati’s new Multistrada Enduro (check it out in a forthcoming issue of Ride magazine). No spoilers. Ok, maybe just a couple.
Mon, 9 May 2016
Welcome to Front End Chatter E43, brought to you in association with the enjoy-while-it-lasts British summer. In this episode, Simon and Mufga chatter about:
• results and matter arising from Jerez and Le Mans MotoGP including Brad Binder's hooky software issues in Moto3, Rossi's lauded flag to flag win, Lorenzo's flag-to-flag win that no-one cares about, synchronised crashing, more wings and things, being beaten up by a tangerine, and even more about who goes where, and who's talking about who's going where, in 2017. And why. And are you Team BTSport or Team MCN/MotoMatters?
Fri, 8 April 2016
I dunno, you wait ages for an episode of Front End Chatter, and then two come along at once.
• why a 2 x British world champ is doing a bit of half-naked Turkish oil wrestling on TV but isn't coming across as a nob
• choosing between a BMW R1200RT and a Suzuki GSX1250FA
Thu, 7 April 2016
We're back! After a prolonged absence, which we find is the best kind, Front End Chatter returns with post-Argentina MotoGP gossip – and, let's face it, it had the lot: tyres, crashes, more tyres, boo-ing, early silly season, and some highly ill-informed nonsense about reverse-spinning cranks.
Fri, 19 February 2016
Episode 40 of Front End Chatter, the Finger On The Pulse episode, comes not so much hot as slightly tepid with gossip from MotoGP testing (at Sepang, Malaysia, not Phillip Island). Fortunately, the big issues are still the same: will Casey race in 2016? Will the new Michelin tyres and retro-spec ECU mix results up this season? Will Lorenzo win the title by mid-season? When will someone first say ‘silly season’?
There’s also plenty of FEC-ing tittle-tattle about:
Please email questions, comments and/or abuse to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We're also on Android podcast apps.
Fri, 22 January 2016
HelloAndWelcomeToEpisode39OfBritain'sFavouriteBikingPodcast! And breathe...
In the first FEC of 2016, Simon and Martin discuss:
- The Dakar Rally, who's winning, who isn't, and who's paying any attention?
- All the new rules for MotoGP, whether we can predict anything before anything has happened, and whether that feller who said he doesn't want to race again will, in fact, race again.
- What's going on with WSB's barely comprehensible new format, and whether it will detract from what otherwise has the potential to be a pretty great year.
- Who in the BSB paddock recently failed a drugs test, who will be making a welcome return to the BSB paddock, and who in the BSB paddock has just made a pretty dramatic career change.
- Plus loads and loads (and loads) of your emails frantically read, mumbled, debated and, in a few cases, answered.
It's a busy one...
Email us: email@example.com